Emerald Ash Borer
The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is a very destructive invasive beetle from Asia. EAB can infest and kill all native species of Ash trees regardless of health. EAB larvae tunnel and feed in the vascular system which causes the tree to decline and eventually die. It is now believed to have been present in North America (SE Michigan) for at leat 15-20 years. 10’s of millions of Ash trees have already been claimed by EAB. Infestations and confirmation sites have greatly increased in northern Illinois over the past few years. EAB has the potential to wipe out every Ash tree in North America.
Ash Preservation/Treatment Options:
- Have Skyline come out and assess the property and condition of the Ash trees.
- Develop preventative/curative treatment strategy.
- New accredited University studies and research support up to 99% control with proper application.
- Visit www.emeraldashborer.info for more information.
* We believe the cost of treatment and preservation of the urban landscape highly outweighs the Ash population succumbing to EAB.